Conditions of guarantee
The Guarantor guarantees to repair or replace without charge any frame which develops a fault due to defective materials or construction if written notice of defect is given within:
1. 10 years of date of installation for window & door frames
2. 10 years of date of installation for window hinges, window handles and window locks
3. 10 years of date of installation of glass sealed units, except for composite doors
4. 5 years of date of installation for composite doors
5. 1 year of date of delivery on all products that were “supply only”
The guarantee is void if:
1. Work has been done on the Product by someone not authorized by Peerless Windows
2. The Product has been damaged due to accident, misuse or neglect.
3. Trade supplier ceases to trade or the product line is discontinued. In this case an alternative replacement will be offered. Peerless Windows will be under no obligation to replace the rest of the installation to achieve a match.
Subject to the following conditions:
1. That notice of any claim under this Guarantee shall be given by the Customer to the Guarantor within the period of the Guarantee and promptly after the alleged defect arises.
2. That the product was installed by installers employed by the Guarantor except in the case of Products designed to offer a ‘fix-it-yourself’ option.
3. That the Product has not been damaged as a result of accident or negligence by the Customer or a third party, or by enemy action, civil commotion, Act of God.
4. Where the Guarantor installed the Product, the Customer shall not interfere with the permanent fixings of the Product without the prior consent in writing of the Guarantor.
5. That the Guarantor, or his appointed representatives, shall have been afforded reasonable opportunity to examine the Product on site. If upon inspection it is determined that there is breach of the Guarantee, the Customer may be required to pay an £100 call out fee.
6. That where the Product requires maintenance, this shall have been carried out by the Customer in accordance with the maintenance instruction issued by the Guarantor in the manner appropriate to the frame.
7. That the Guarantor will be permitted to manufacture and fit any replacement in the most economical manner and within a reasonable time consistent with the Guarantors normal delivery period, such replacement being manufactured in accordance with the manufacturing procedures of the Guarantor current at the time of replacement, which may incorporate modifications rising out of changed or improved technical developments. In the case of a replacement the period of Guarantee shall extend up to the limit of the period of the original Guarantee or up to twelve months from the date of replacement, whichever is later.
8. That although all glass in products supplied by the Guarantor will be in good quality the Guarantor shall not be held liable to meet any claims arising from defects, minor blemishes and imperfections due to the glass manufacturing process.
9. The Guarantor also guarantees sealed units for a period of 10 years, excluding those in composite doors, in accordance with the glass manufactures guarantee. No guarantee of warrantee is given by the company concerning the occurrence or prevention or elimination of condensation except between the panes forming the sealed unit.
10. If the purchaser chooses to retain the existing timber frames and Peerless install their products, then it must be understood that the warranty does not extend to the existing timber frames.
11. The start date of the guarantee is upon substantial completion of the installation; however, it will not be honored until the customer has satisfied the contractual terms.
12. A fee of £100 is required to transfer the guarantee to a new property owner. Upon payment, a visit by a service engineer may be arranged to inspect and perform any required minor repairs on the Products.
The guarantee is given in addition to and not in substitution for all rights of the customer under and by statute. If a fault develops outside of the guarantee period, please do contact us and we assist on a best effort basis.
For more information about how the Installsure guarantee works, please refer to the Installsure website (linked below) or ask one of our advisors.